Welcome to KnowTrAI 2024, the 1st International Scientific Conference on AI-driven Knowledge Transformation!
In the era of rapid technological advancements, artificial intelligence (AI) has emerged as a catalyst for transforming the way we acquire, process, and apply knowledge. KnowTrAI 2024 brings together researchers, industry professionals, AI practitioners, software engineers, educators, trainers, and domain experts to explore the transformative power of AI in reshaping the landscape of knowledge structures, processes, and skills.
At KnowTrAI 2024, we aim to delve into the vast potential of AI as it revolutionizes how we navigate the realms of knowledge. This scientific conference provides a platform for insightful discussions driven by latest research contributions in the field, exchange of ideas, and exploration of cutting-edge advancements, practical implementations, and thought-provoking insights in leveraging AI to redefine knowledge structures, streamline processes, and empower individuals with the skills needed to thrive in an ever-evolving world.
"Do or do not. There is no try.”
You might think “KnowTrAI” sounds a lot like “No Try”, and you are not wrong! Inspired by Yoda's wisdom in Star Wars – “Do or do not. There is no try.” – we chose this name for our conference to emphasize that simply trying to apply AI technologies and tools is not sufficient. Instead of just giving it a try, we invite you to join us in a deep exploration of the possibilities, challenges, and risks of leveraging AI technologies for rethinking knowledge processes and structures.
In this conference, we aim to go beyond surface-level experimentation and delve into the intricacies of AI-driven solutions, critically evaluating their potential benefits and challenges in optimizing processes and fostering skill development. Together, we'll discuss latest research contributions, exchange insights, and shape the future of knowledge transformation.
So, let's embrace Yoda's philosophy and embark on this transformative journey of understanding and harnessing the potentials of AI. Join us at KnowTrAI 2024 to explore the frontiers of AI-driven knowledge transformation, connect with like-minded professionals, and be part of a community dedicated to unlocking the transformative potential of AI.
. KnowTrAI 2024 will take place as a one-day event in a hybrid manner, in Wiener Neustadt, Austria, and online in May 2024. Further details will be announced soon
Call for Papers
KnowTrAI 2024 invites researchers, industry professionals, AI practitioners, software engineers, educators, trainers, and other domain experts to delve into the transformative power of AI in reshaping the landscape of knowledge structures, processes, and skills.
This conference aims to explore the vast potential of AI as it redefines the very fabric of how we acquire, organize, and apply knowledge. We welcome submissions that shed light on cutting-edge advancements, practical implementations, and thought-provoking insights in leveraging AI to revolutionize knowledge structures, streamline processes, and empower individuals with the skills needed to thrive in the ever-evolving world.
We invite submissions focused on, but not limited to, the following topics:
Technical aspects of AI-driven knowledge transformation
- Development, adaptation, extension, evaluation, or testing of transformative AI technologies and tools, especially in the field of generative and conversational AI, but also other fields of AI
- AI-driven tools and techniques for supporting knowledge processes such as generating, extracting, analyzing, sharing, storing, combining, or applying knowledge
- User interfaces and dialogue systems as well as user interactions for AI systems
- Application of Large Language Models (LLMs) and LLM integration frameworks (such as the LangChain framework)
- LLM agent-based decision making and task management as well as autonomous LLM Agents (such as Auto-GPT)
- Other technical and technological aspects in the field of AI-driven knowledge transformation
AI-driven redesign of knowledge structures and knowledge processes
- Specification and implementation of AI-driven knowledge management and task management, including scheduling and resource allocation
- AI-driven redesign and reengineering of processes as well as intelligent process automation and optimization, especially knowledge processes
- Intelligent decision support systems for organizational decision-making
- Specification, analysis, and application of interactions between humans and AI systems, such AI-based virtual assistants and chatbots
- Other aspects regarding the AI-driven redesign of knowledge structures and processes
AI-driven knowledge transfer and skill development
- Adaptive and personalized learning and tutoring systems as well as skill assessment
- Personalized recommender systems and intelligent learning-path advisors
- AI-supported collaborative knowledge creation and knowledge sharing platforms
- Specification of AI-related competencies and skills (e.g., taxonomies, frameworks) including digital skill evolution and requirements for future competencies
- Other AI-enhanced techniques for education and training
Case studies and best practices in AI-driven knowledge transformation
- Real-world applications of AI in knowledge structures and processes
- Experiences of implementing or applying AI solutions in industry or academia, such as success and failure stories and lessons learned
- Challenges and opportunities in AI implementation
- Other empirical aspects of AI-driven knowledge transformation
Theoretical, methodological, and conceptual aspects of AI-driven knowledge transformation
- Analysis, systematization, and visualization in the context of AI and knowledge transformation
- Development and/or evaluation of frameworks, models, taxonomies, and ontologies
- Investigation, exploration, or comparison of literature, approaches, tools, technologies, architectures, and methodologies
- Other theoretical, methodological, and conceptual aspects of AI-driven knowledge transformation
Please note that the list of topics is not exhaustive, and submissions covering other relevant areas or cross-cutting aspects related to AI-driven Knowledge Transformation are also welcome.
For more information about the submission and publication process, please refer to the Submission & Publication section.
Submission & Publication
KnowTrAI 2024 invites submissions on the conference topics in the following paper categories:
Regular Papers shall present novel original scientific contributions in terms of the development, application, and/or evaluation of novel approaches related to the KnowTrAI topics. This includes exploratory studies based on an appropriate research methodology, including at least some kind of reasonable evaluation technique.
Short Papers might discuss an arguable opinion about an issue (Position Paper), present preliminary research results (Work-in-Progress Paper), or report on experiences from application cases and projects, all related to the KnowTrAI topics.
Position Papers discuss an arguable opinion about a relevant issue, such as challenges, problems, potentials, or promising ideas or visions. The goal is to convince the audience that the opinion is valid, based on the current technological and scientific state-of-the-art.
Work-in-Progress Papers present promising but preliminary or incomplete research results, as well as exploratory studies on a conceptual and/or prototypical level, which are not yet evaluated. Include a comprehensive discussion of current limitations, challenges, requirements, plans, and/or potentials for future work.
Case Reports shall present experiences and findings of application cases and projects in the field of AI-driven knowledge transformation. Structure the case reports according to a provided Case Template, which will be made available soon.
All submissions must be written in English.
KnowTrAI evaluates submissions via a double-blind review process. For the initial submission, the papers must be anonymized, and the authors should not be identified.
Each paper will be reviewed by at least three members of the program committee, considering originality, relevance to the conference topics, technical and methodological quality, clarity and structure, as well as its potential to contribute to future work.
Further details will be provided soon.
Papers accepted for the conference will be published timely in the KnowTrAI conference proceedings. In addition, it is planned to invite a short list of papers for a post-conference publication.
The KnowTrAI conference proceedings are planned to be published together with Springer.
The inclusion in the conference proceedings requires that at least one author of each accepted paper must register for the conference and provide a live presentation at the conference. Further details will be provided.
In addition, we plan to invite a short list of selected conference papers for submitting revised and extended versions for publication in a book or a special issue of a journal. Further details will follow.
Preprints of submitted papers can be made available on open-access repositories such as arXiv. As soon as accepted by KnowTrAI, it is important to add that the paper has been accepted and is waiting for publication in the KnowTrAI conference proceedings.
The time zone for all submission dates is AoE (Anywhere on Earth). Details will be announced soon.
- Paper submission deadline: January 2024 (TBA)
- Acceptance notification: February 2024
- Camera-ready version and registration: March 2024
- Conference day: May 2024 (TBA)
Location (Hybrid): Wiener Neustadt, Austria (In-person) and Online (Virtual)
KnowTrAI 2024 will be conducted as a hybrid one-day conference.
Join us in this pioneering conference to explore the potential of AI-driven knowledge transformation either in-person in Wiener Neustadt or virtually from anywhere in the world.
The conference agenda will comprise engaging sessions such as paper presentations and discussions, keynote presentations, panel discussions, and further collaborative formats for generating ideas and directions for future work.
Further details on registration and fees as well as the conference programm will be announced soon.
- Thorsten Händler, Ferdinand Porsche Mobile University of Applied Sciences (FERNFH), Austria
For inquiries, please contact email@example.com.